Episkopi is a lovely traditional Cyprus village built on the west side of the Ezousas River. It is situated 12 kilometers from Paphos, 14 kilometers from the sea. The surroundings of Episkopi are characterized by a beautiful landscape with lots of citrus trees. It is an idyllic location on the east bank of the Ezousa river surrounded by greenery, as the trees by the riverbank, having an abundant supply of water, have grown dense and lofty.
The village entrance is marked by a steep rock that dominates the village and the valley underneath. Few meters away is the Saint Ilarion Church (Agios Ilarion) that dates back to 1192 (Frankish period). According to tradition, the Saint led an ascetic life in this craggy location. The cave where he lived and died in 371 AD watches over the settlement. In the village, there is also a chapel of Archangel Michael and the new church of Saint Ilarionas.